Patients support what
What is Xembify Connexions?
Xembify Connexions is a patient support program designed to provide strong support right from the start. The Xembify Connexions team can help answer your questions about insurance, copays, financial support, educational resources, and more. Contact Xembify Connexions for more information: 1-844-MYXEMBIFY (1-844-699-3624) Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
What financial support is available for XEMBIFY?
Xembify Connexions offers savings of up to $10,000 per calendar year for eligible patients (subject to terms and conditions). Now with even more copay support, you may be eligible to pay $0 out of pocket. It covers copayments, deductibles, and coinsurance, and is available whether the claim is billed under a pharmacy benefit or a medical benefit. What's more, there are no monthly caps or infusion limits.
patients support does
Does my insurance cover XEMBIFY?
Xembify Connexions will work with your insurance provider to help you better understand your coverage. You may be qualified to receive XEMBIFY at no cost, in the event you lose your insurance coverage. Contact Xembify Connexions for more information: 1-844-MYXEMBIFY (1-844-699-3624) Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
patients support can
Can I still get XEMBIFY without insurance?
If you do not have insurance coverage, you may be eligible to receive XEMBIFY at no cost. Contact Xembify Connexions for more information: 1-844-MYXEMBIFY (1-844-699-3624) Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
patients support do
Do I need to enroll in Xembify Connexions to receive copay assistance for XEMBIFY?
Yes, you need to enroll in the Xembify Connexions program if you need copay assistance for XEMBIFY. This allows the program to receive your insurance information and set up your copay assistance so you can seamlessly access your therapy. Xembify Connexions will help you understand the coverage and support available to you and can work with your specialty pharmacy to ensure you receive your medication.
patients support aside
Aside from financial support, what else does Xembify Connexions offer?
Beyond helping you understand your copayments, deductibles, and insurance coverage, Xembify Connexions provides ongoing support, including educational information and resources to address your healthcare needs.
patients support who
Who do I contact if I need more information about Xembify Connexions?
If you are looking for any additional information, you can always call your dedicated Xembify Connexions team: 1-844-MYXEMBIFY (1-844-699-3624) Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
What is XEMBIFY®?
XEMBIFY® (immune globulin subcutaneous human–klhw) is a 20% immune globulin used in the treatment of primary humoral immunodeficiency disease (PIDD) in patients 2 years of age and older. XEMBIFY is for subcutaneous administration only.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Thrombosis (formation of blood clots within blood vessels) may occur with immune globulin products, including XEMBIFY. Before you take XEMBIFY, talk to your doctor if you:
- Are older
- Are sedentary (need to lie down or sit down) for long periods of time
- Are taking estrogen-containing medicines (birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy)
- Have a permanent intravenous (IV) catheter
- Have hyperviscosity of the blood (diseases such as multiple myeloma or other causes of elevated proteins in the blood)
- Have cardiovascular (heart) problems or previous history of stroke
- Thrombosis may occur even if you don't have any risk factors
- If you are at risk of thrombosis, your doctor may prescribe XEMBIFY at the minimum dose and infusion rate. Make sure you drink plenty of fluid before taking XEMBIFY. Make sure your doctor is checking you regularly for signs and symptoms of thrombosis and is checking your blood viscosity if you are at risk of hyperviscosity
Who should not use XEMBIFY?
- XEMBIFY should not be used if you have had a severe allergic reaction to human immune globulin, or if you have been told by a doctor that you are IgA deficient and have developed antibodies to IgA and hypersensitivity after exposure to a previous plasma product
What are possible serious side effects of XEMBIFY?
- Hypersensitivity. Severe allergic reactions may occur with immune globulin products, including XEMBIFY. If you have a severe allergic reaction, stop the infusion immediately and get medical attention. XEMBIFY contains IgA. If you have known antibodies to IgA, you may have a greater risk of developing potentially severe allergic reactions
- Aseptic meningitis syndrome (AMS). Aseptic meningitis is a non-infectious inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain. It causes a severe headache syndrome, which may occur with human immune globulin treatment, including XEMBIFY. If you are showing signs and symptoms of AMS, your doctor may conduct a thorough neurological evaluation including spinal tap (sampling fluid which surrounds the spinal cord) to rule out other causes of meningitis. Stopping human immune globulin treatment has resulted in the end of signs and symptoms within several days. Treatment may include analgesics (pain medicines) and/or a special procedure known as a "blood patch" to stop headache
- Kidney problems or failure. Kidney problems or failure may occur with use of human immune globulin products, especially those containing sucrose (sugar). XEMBIFY does not contain sucrose. If you have kidney disease or diabetes with kidney involvement, your doctor should perform a blood test to assess your hydration level and kidney function before beginning immune globulin treatment and at appropriate intervals thereafter. If your doctor determines that kidney function is worsening, they may discontinue treatment
- Hemolysis. Your doctor should monitor you for symptoms of hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells causing anemia, or low red blood cell count). If your doctor suspects hemolysis, they should perform additional tests to confirm
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI). TRALI is a rare but serious syndrome characterized by sudden acute respiratory distress following transfusion. If your doctor suspects TRALI, they will monitor you for any other lung issues. TRALI may be managed with oxygen therapy
- Transmissible infectious agents. Because XEMBIFY is made from human blood, it may carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents such as viruses, the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) agent, and, theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent. No cases of transmission of viral diseases or CJD have been associated with the use of XEMBIFY
- Interference with lab tests. Because XEMBIFY contains a variety of antibodies, blood tests to determine antibody levels may be falsely elevated. Be sure to tell your doctor or lab technician that you are using XEMBIFY
What are other possible side effects of XEMBIFY?
- In clinical studies of XEMBIFY, some patients experienced local side effects (at the injection site) including pain, redness, puffiness, bruising, nodules, itching, firmness, scabbing and swelling at the site on the skin where the injection occurred. Some patients experienced non-injection-site side effects including cough and diarrhea.
- Use of XEMBIFY may interfere with the immune response to virus vaccines, such as vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella. Tell your doctor you are taking XEMBIFY before getting vaccinations
Please see full Prescribing Information for XEMBIFY.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.